Student Travel Support
Thanks to the support of IEEE TCCC (for students from any country) and NSF (for students from US institutions), a number of student travel awards will be available to support students to attend WoWMoM 2010.
Selection Criteria and Process
- The amount will be used for student travel-related expenses such as airfare, hotel, etc.
- Special efforts will be made to award student participants who are underrepresented minorities (i.e., African-Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, and Native Pacific Islanders) and/or women, coming from diverse institutions.
- Some priority may be given to student authors with accepted papers in WoWMoM 2010 who may not otherwise be able to attend due to budgetary constraints.
- All student travel awardees are required to register for the conference.
An application for a travel award will consist of the student’s vita, a letter from the student, and a letter from the student’s advisor.
The letter from the student should include:
- a brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date;
- a description of areas reflected in the WoWMoM 2010 program that would impact the student’s research; and
- why the conference attendance is important to the student.
In addition, the student’s advisor should send a letter of recommendation to the committee, including:
- confirmation that the student is a Ph.D. candidate in good standing;
- the suitability of the WoWMoM program material to the student’s research area;
- ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the conference;
- the strengths and potential contributions of the student; and
- Availability of funds from other sources.
All applications must be sent to Mainak Chatterjee (mainak [at] eecs.ucf.edu), Yonghe Liu (yonghe [at] cse.uta.edu) and Silvia Giordano (silvia.giordano [at] supsi.ch) by May 28th, 2010. Notifications will be sent by May 31st, 2010. Recipients will be required to accept the award by June 2nd, 2010.